The Diversity Dashboard & Cultural Awareness
Preparing your business for multi-cultural markets...how to work in culturally diverse teams.
'Flying from your desk!' How to maximise cross-cultural and international business behaviour
In this clear, concise and practical course, Debby and Eilidh cut to the heart of the cultural diversity issues we all face when dealing with people for different backgrounds. In today's world of expanding international business, staff often interact with numerous nationalities and cultures, both at home and abroad.
- Appreciate the challenges created by workforce globalisation,
- Identify why your culture differs from that of others,
- Avoid inappropriate behaviour that often creates difficult or conflict situations,
- Learn essentials of appropriate business etiquette in other countries,
- Understand how changing your frame of reference ensures better communication,
- Improve relationships by using cross-cultural knowledge and experience,
- Improve your connectivity with people of different nationalities,
- Appear confident and relaxed when interacting with people from other cultures,
- Become more effective when dealing with difficult situations and problem solving,
- Develop more productive and happy relationships both at work and socially.
Cross cultural awareness is a skill not a task
Diversity can be the cause of many underlying problems at work that most people fail to recognise stem from this situation. Compounding the problem, most firms consider ‘diversity’ and ‘inclusion’ as much more of a compliance issue than as a sound strategy for developing business growth. Competition for talent is fierce and the demographics of the workforce are rapidly changing. Taking a ‘compliance issue’ approach to your business will seriously inhibit your competitive edge not only at home, but also when ‘going international’.
Helping your people develop culturally intelligent leadership will reap dividends: building on brand reputation, increasing your customer retention and adding to your bottom-line. By avoiding cultural mistakes, you protect your relationships and improve productivity.
If you would like this dynamic duo to speak at your next event, simply call +44 1270 212999 or mail us today to find out more. We look forward to hearing from you.
Selection of old friends and new at CIPD Conference York #cipdnap14
"The Diversity Dashboard - A manager’s guide to navigating in cross-cultural turbulence" OUT NOW!
Unfortunately, most English-speaking nations have little concept of ‘cross-cultural differences’. The world speaks English and business is constructed in this framework. Yet you do, you act and you think business in your personal cultural mode and strangely expect the world to do the same. When things go wrong and they repeatedly do, people tend to look for many sorts of causes and seldom that there could be a cultural mismatch. This book will help you look on such issues with fresh eyes.
Debby and Eilidh explain culture in language that is easy to understand. The difference between this and other cross culture awareness books is the focus on real life stories, anecdotes and case studies. This new book will contain the essential research, which underpins cross culture. However it will also be a manual, a quick reference guide, to apply to everyday conflict issues and cultural misunderstandings. It will improve your understanding of how different people think, work and feel. It will help you to breakdown cultural barriers. Reading the book, will result in a more effective, cooperative, harmonious and happy workplace.